QA Engineer (San Jose, CA / Dublin, Ireland)
LifeMap Solutions is developing innovative digital therapeutics solutions that integrate health and wellness information with care team guidance into a secure mHealth platform that empowers the patient to make better choices to achieve optimal health outcomes. LifeMap Solutions is working with the Icahn Institute for Genomics and Multiscale Biology at Mount Sinai to develop big data analytics algorithms that will process the unprecedented volume of study data, make new discoveries about chronic disease management, and help optimize individual patient care and choices. The partnership combines the experience of LifeMap Solutions in consumer behavior, app analytics, and design with Mount Sinai’s world-leading expertise in health research.
Our solutions empower patients with engaging self-management tools to help them achieve a better quality of life.
- COPD Navigator aims to transform clinical care for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease.
- Asthma Health has the potential to revolutionize the study of asthma management.
We are looking for individuals who share our vision and our drive. Our fast-paced startup environment will provide a unique opportunity to make the world a better place.
Join us and help create the future of health!
We are actively recruiting for a QA Engineer who will join LifeMap Solutions and the growing Quality Assurance team to work on commercial care apps. The QA Engineer will lead efforts to improve testing methods, provide recommendations regarding improvements to quality and efficiency, and work with other developers in design and development. The ideal candidate will be able to handle a challenging, fast-paced environment and have a desire and passion to work at the forefront of mHealth technology.
- Isolate and reproduce bugs, track their status, and verify their fixes
- Create and execute test plans for mobile and web products
- Select and utilize tools and scripts as needed to support component-level tests
- Identify resource needs, effectively plan and define test strategy, and provide QA estimates for features and product releases
- Provide regular, concise QA team status reports, and document test results in test metric reports
- Advocate and evangelize for best practices like Test Driven Development (TDD), behavioral driven development (BDD), Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Understand the details of mobile app development lifecycles. Assist the development team in troubleshooting issues at each stage in order to help ensure timely releases
- Work effectively within a geographically distributed, agile development team
- Participate in planning and design discussions to create and assess test coverage prior to implementation
- Implement and maintain test environments, including necessary equipment, configuration, and software
- Ensure proper deployment of multiple project releases (including their dependencies) to ensure delivery of high quality products
- Analyze quality of the product after release by assessing defect leakage from end user reports and post-release validation
- Demonstrate technical depth in one or more areas where you will function as a subject matter expert within the team
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related degree and at least 3-5 years QA experience delivering successful products in an agile development environment
- Experience in service/RESTful API testing with an understanding of http protocols and how to use them in testing services
- Experience with continuous integration/delivery
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle, testing methodologies, and QA terminology, processes and procedures
- Experience logging/resolving issues (defects) using JIRA and using GIT source control
- Nice to have experience – Automated testing experience with mobile devices such as UI Automation, appmium. Experience with test management systems such as Zephyr or TestRail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a clear, concise technical writing style
- Ability to prioritize and be responsible for the execution of project tasks in a high-pressure environment
- A strong focus on quality and attention to detail
- Well-organized, meticulous, excellent interpersonal and organization skills, with the ability to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines
About LifeMap Solutions
Founded in 2014, LifeMap Solutions has a partnership with The Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. The effort will be led by Netflix, Netscape, and CAMERON | PACE Group veteran Corey Bridges and by world-renowned researcher, Dr. Eric Schadt, founding director of the Carl Icahn Institute for Genomics and Multiscale Biology. Dr. Schadt is highly regarded for his expertise on the “generation and integration of very large-scale sequence variation, molecular profiling, and clinical data in disease populations for constructing molecular networks that define disease states and link molecular biology to physiology”.